Our finance team is responsible for crafting our understanding of how Journey is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an accountant to join our fast growing team to help us build our revenue and payments systems and track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Be an integral part of the integration of Journey systems to automate global accounting and reporting, with a focus on margin.
- Work closely with the Operations, Engineering, Legal, Compliance, and other teams to anticipate fast-changing business requirements.
- Build finance infrastructure and create analysis used for executive team and board reporting.
- Scale the monthly close process; design and review automated journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Research technical accounting guidance and issues.
- Work with our various audit, tax, and other finance consultants on ad hoc projects.
- Drive audit and regulatory readiness and compliance, including international statutory audits and global reporting compliance.
You’d ideally have:
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred).
- Public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and private industry experience.
- Excellent Excel skills, and be comfortable with extremely large data sets.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Netsuite).
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP (IFRS a plus).
- A detail oriented mindset, but can visualize the larger impact of a series of transactions.
- A deep understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- The ability to be flexible and very comfortable with changing requirements.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- Experience with SQL, R, or equivalent.
- IFRS knowledge.
APPLY TO POSITION